An Affordable Option & What is Included
One of the biggest questions many people have when it comes to assisted living is the pricing. Because medical resources and support are often involved, it’s natural to feel concerned that retirement savings, money from selling a home, or Medicaid may not be enough to live comfortably.
Fortunately, assisted living can be a very affordable option, especially if you keep in mind that it’s replacing many everyday costs you may not have considered before. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what’s really involved in your total.
Specific pricing will vary depending on the community you choose, your living space, and your care needs. But no matter what your options, be sure to remember what is included in our assisted living pricing such as:
- Care services — most likely, you may have been paying a home health aide or agency for support
- Housekeeping and maintenance —you may have been outsourcing to cleaning services, contractors, and landscaping companies
- Fitness activities — you might have been paying gym membership fees and per-class fees, or for a specialized trainer to address mobility concerns
- Scheduled activities — living on your own, you likely paid for numerous entertainment and social options
- Dining — this includes groceries, as well as restaurant outings, and grocery delivery services, and all of those can add up quickly
- Utilities and home costs — from electricity and heating to larger home projects like roof replacements or major repairs, it can be expensive to keep a home in good shape
- Security — to ensure that help would arrive if you had a medical emergency like a fall, you may have been paying an on-call service
When you factor in all the included assisted living services and amenities, your monthly costs may not increase by much, and you get a wealth of benefits in return.
At Five Star, we understand that price is a concern, and of course you want to feel comfortable financially as well as physically and emotionally. Talk with us about financial solutions and strategies that can make a difference when it comes to affordability.
Make yourself at home
Five Star offers options and excellence, with 260 senior living communities in 33 states.
Let’s start a conversation!
Whether you’re looking for a community for yourself or a loved one, let’s talk about where you can go from here.