Bridge to Rediscovery
Discover our award-winning dementia care program.
With dementia, a person’s world can get smaller, less certain, and can feel less safe. For family members, the condition can take a toll on your energy, your relationship with your loved one, and even your own health. Five Star’s award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery dementia care program can help you and your loved one get back to your connection — while providing meaningful care in a safe, nurturing environment.
Offered exclusively at Five Star Senior Living communities since 2007, Bridge to Rediscovery is designed as a program of living, rather than a standard set of activities. Here are a few highlights:
- Everything your loved one does each day is specifically chosen based on their abilities, preferences, and favorite topics.
- Emphasis is placed on maintaining and building basic skills, like feeding themselves, which many people with dementia can lose without a focused program.
- Dining in the program uses platters and butler-style service, allowing those with memory loss to feel empowered to make choices based on their individual tastes and preferences.
- Our neighborhoods are secured so residents with memory issues can leave only with supervision.
- All of our memory care communities are designed with visual cues and themes to stimulate memory and help residents find their way.
- We use comfortable, familiar furniture that meets the unique needs of seniors receiving treatment for dementia.
- Walking groups and exercise classes are offered to help memory care residents build strength and mobility.
Through recreational and occupational therapy, we focus on restoring functionality and keeping your loved one engaged and positive. Our Bridge to Rediscovery program follows key principles that draw on each person’s interests, capabilities, and needs.
The program is run by highly trained, caring team members who provide encouragement, help your loved one retain skills, and promote success in every way. That helps your family get back to being a family again, and your loved one can thrive, be safe, and stay engaged.
Five Star assisted living resident Wolfgang Marcuse shares his story about his two great loves: tennis and his beautiful wife.