Ginger Beef Vermicelli
Makes 2 - 4 Servings
Ingredients You'll Need
- 6 oz. flank steak, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and cut julienne
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice vermicelli
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef slices, 1 tablespoon of oil, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Toss and set aside.
- Place a medium pot filled with 2 1/2 quarts water. Bring to a boil. Place the vermicelli into the boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water then hot water and back to cold water again. This will prevent the noodles from sticking. Set aside and serve at room temperature.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium to high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Add half the beef and cook until brown. Add half the ginger, half the garlic and half the fish sauce and continue until the beef is cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining beef, oil, garlic, ginger and fish sauce.
- Serve the beef on top of the vermicelli and a bed of torn red lettuce. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve with flavored fish sauce.