"This flavorful Five Star dish also works well with scallops or mussels. Adjust the seasoning for your taste preferences. I like mine spicy."
Five Star Sautéed Shrimp
Ingredients You'll Need
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chili powder
- Old Bay seasoning
- Canola oil
- White wine clam juice
- Angel hair pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Coat large fresh or defrosted frozen shrimp with a little bit of oil and lime juice, then add chili powder, paprika, Old Bay, ginger, coriander, and a little more oil.
- Toss shrimp to coat evenly.
- Add a little canola oil to a very hot pan, then add the shrimp away from yourself because it will splatter.
- Add shallots, garlic and a little bit of ground chilies, and continue to sauté until mostly cooked.
- Remove from flame and add white wine.
- Return to heat, increase temperature and continue sautéing to reduce the sauce.
- Add clam juice and a little lime juice.
- Remove shrimp once cooked and continue reducing the sauce.
- Add cooked angel hair pasta to the sauce, then add fresh tomato, fresh basil, fresh parmesan, olive oil, and fresh lime juice.
- Plate pasta and top with 4 to 5 shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh basil, fresh parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.