"Tying the turkey with twine helps it to cook evenly. Cooking time varies greatly according to the size of the turkey. Be sure to follow package instructions so that you can take a break from the kitchen and relax with a cranberry cocktail after all of your hard work."
Five Star Roasted Turkey
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bunch sage
- Place your turkey on a rack in a roasting pan and stuff the turkey with all ingredients.
- Using butcher’s twine, tie the wings and drumsticks close to the body, then tie the legs together tightly.
- Season with salt and pepper, only if you didn’t brine the turkey. If you brined the turkey, season only with pepper.
- Place in a 500-degree oven for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Cover the turkey with foil, turn the oven down to 325 degrees and roast for 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the thigh reads 165 degrees.
- Let the turkey rest for at least 30 minutes.