"My dad is a butcher, and every time I cook steak, it reminds me of being back home in the Midwest. That aroma, that sear – it’s what dreams are made of."
Five Star Perfect Steak
Ingredients You'll Need
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees and heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet until you see wisps of smoke.
- Salt and pepper your steak on both sides, using a generous amount of pepper.
- Carefully add the steak to your skillet and sear one side, picking it up and re-resting it once or twice during cooking.
- Flip to the opposite side and briefly sear for 1 minute, then place skillet into your oven and cook to desired temperature.
- Let steak rest for 5 to 6 minutes, slice it against the grain and drizzle with olive oil.