“The key to a beautiful, even sear is the quarter-turn. Keep the fish moving, a quarter-turn of the pan at a time for that perfect, restaurant-quality finish.”
Five Star Cast Iron Seared Salmon
Ingredients You'll Need
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Skinless salmon
- Fresh herbs
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a hot, cast iron skillet until you see a wisp of smoke.
- Salt and pepper a piece of skinless salmon on both sides.
- Stand back and carefully place the salmon, skin-side down in the skillet.
- Gently move the salmon a quarter-turn at a time, to create an even sear.
- Flip salmon over and briefly cook the opposite side.
- When finished, garnish with fresh herbs and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.