"You can use more turkey stock if necessary. Your mixture should be moist enough to hold together but not completely saturated. Check the stuffing after 5 minutes uncovered to ensure that it doesn’t burn, since everyone’s oven is different. And save me some!"
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Ingredients You'll Need
- 8 cups sourdough croutons
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced white onion
- 2/3 cup diced green apple
- 1/3 cup chopped chestnuts
- 2/3 cup seasoned, diced turkey sausage
- 3 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 3 Tbsp. minced sage
- 1 1/4 cups turkey stock
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a buttered 9” x 13” pan or Pyrex® dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350˚ for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve alongside your turkey and garnish with more freshly chopped sage.