Five Star Tomato Soup
"We’re in the business of making memories at Five Star, and for me, this soup takes me back to childhood. It’s one of those meals that has a lot of soul to it and wraps around you like a warm blanket."
Download Recipe as PDF
Ingredients You'll Need
- Roma Tomatoes
- Garlic - 8 Cloves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add quartered roma tomatoes, 8 cloves of peeled garlic, and a small bowl of chopped, peeled shallots to a large, deep baking pan.
- Add a freshly torn bunch of basil, a couple stalks of torn thyme, extra virgin olive oil, a bit of salt and freshly cracked pepper to the pan.
- Toss mixture to coat all ingredients.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil away from you to allow steam to escape, and scoop mixture into a blender, adding a couple ladles of the oil and juices from the pan.
- Blend slowly and build speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour soup into a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, basil, and thyme.
« Back to Five Star Recipes & Tips