Five Star Pasta
“Adding the pat of butter is the key to thickening your sauce so that it won’t appear watery. Don’t forget to garnish – it will take your dish from good to great.”
Download Recipe as PDF
Ingredients You'll Need
- Penne Pasta
- Bolognese sauce
- Olive Oil
- Freshly cracked Pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- Boil penne in salted water according to package directions, then place in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Warm your favorite Bolognese sauce in a skillet over medium high heat (see Chef Brad’s recipe for Bolognese).
- Place cooled, drained penne back into the same boiling water to reheat for just a few seconds, then add to your skillet of Bolognese.
- Toss penne to coat, then place heat on high and add about 2 tablespoons of your pasta water, a pat of butter, olive oil, freshly cracked pepper, grated parmesan or pecorino cheese and some freshly chopped basil, chives, and parsley.
- Plate your pasta dish and garnish with more cheese, basil, chives, and parsley.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil as the finishing Five Star touch.
« Back to Five Star Recipes & Tips