Five Star Cast Iron Seared Salmon
“The key to a beautiful, even sear is the quarter-turn. Keep the fish moving, a quarter-turn of the pan at a time for that perfect, restaurant-quality finish.”
Download Recipe as PDF
Ingredients You'll Need
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Skinless Salmon
- Fresh Herbs
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a hot, cast iron skillet until you see a wisp of smoke.
- Salt and pepper a piece of skinless salmon on both sides.
- Stand back and carefully place the salmon, skin-side down in the skillet.
- Gently move the salmon a quarter-turn at a time, to create an even sear.
- Flip salmon over and briefly cook the opposite side.
- When finished, garnish with fresh herbs and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
« Back to Five Star Recipes & Tips