Five Star Bolognese
"Using beef, pork, and veal together creates a really nice texture and flavor. If you prefer one over the other, you can adjust the balance to your taste. I like to use double the pork in my Bolognese.”
Download Recipe as PDF
Ingredients You'll Need
- Salt and Pepper
- Roma Tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Tomato Soup
- Parmesan Cheese
- Brown a combination of beef, pork, and veal in a skillet, adding salt and pepper to season.
- Drain and cool your meat.
- In a large pot, cook chopped onions and chopped roma tomatoes, or your favorite tomatoes, in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper, tomato paste, freshly torn basil and thyme, 3 cups of canned tomatoes, some red wine, and the secret ingredient — tomato soup
- Simmer sauce for 2 hours, adding freshly grated parmesan during the last 20 minutes of cooking, then add your meat and extra virgin olive oil and blend with a hand blender to thicken.
« Back to Five Star Recipes & Tips