Making This Holiday Season Meaningful
Tis the season of comfort and joy! It is important to savor the holiday season and encourage meaningful memories – both old and new. Partaking in holiday traditions this season is an excellent way to fulfill Lifestyle 360's
social dimension which encourages positive interactions with others to increase awareness of one’s impact on the community and the natural environment.
Encourage Meaningful Past Memories
- Reminiscing - Sharing previous experiences holds significant value and is a great way to pass down traditions to the younger generations. You can write down these memories so they will last.
- Scent - Another way to encourage past memories is through scent, the strongest sense tied to memory. Your favorite holiday candle or seasonal potpourri can trigger several happy memories from previous years.
- Music - Your favorite holiday songs can be a very sentimental element when looking to provoke positive memories. Taking song requests from your close family and friends will create a holiday playlist that everyone will enjoy.
Creating New Memories
- Intergenerational Games - Finding activities that all generations can partake in is a great bonding experience and will create lasting memories for all. Monopoly, Scrabble, Checkers and Cards are some common favorites that can easily be purchased anywhere.
- Yankee Swaps - An entertaining holiday activity that is a favorite amongst both children and adults! A fun way to take your swap to the next level is to create a theme – “As Seen On TV products, re-gifts, ornaments, desserts, etc.
- Getting Creative - If you think that coloring books are just for kids – think again! Coloring books are for all ages. Did you know that coloring has a calming effect and engages the parts of your brain related to motor skills, creativity and logic?
Download our Holiday eBook to see our complete list of how to make this a truly wonderful holiday season that everyone will remember! We've also included a few sweet and savory recipes for you and your family to enjoy.
On behalf of everyone at Five Star, we would like to wish you a peaceful holiday season and a healthy, prosperous New Year!
Was this article helpful to you? If so, please share it with others!
More recommended articles for you
« Back to Resources for Families