What is Senior Living?
First of all, senior living is about LIVING! Healthy living, comfortable living, enjoyable living. At Five Star Senior Living, we define it as a community in which you can live life to the fullest and to the best of your ability. Whether independent living or assisted living, short- or long-term rehabilitation or skilled nursing care, Five Star provides the services seniors need to enjoy the optimal living experience.
Even for those who are able to live independently, an exceptional senior living community will be able to provide a range of services to add comfort and convenience and ensure a warm and welcoming atmosphere. At Five Star, we succeed at this with a specially trained staff and our three pillars – our promise to do everything we can to make your daily life engaging and satisfying. These pillars are:
- Health & Wellness – We offer a rich roster of wellness programs to keep you fit and healthy, as well as skilled health care when you need it.
- Warmth & Hospitality – We go to great lengths to create a welcoming and supportive community where residents and staff bring something special to each day and every encounter.
- Dining & Nutrition – We offer an exceptional dining experience, featuring delicious, nutritionally rich meals for every diet and preference, served in comfort and elegance.
Our safe, secure, stylish surroundings belie the stereotypes around retirement homes. You do the things you want to do. We take care of the maintenance, housekeeping, and delivering the services you want or need.
Shattering the Myths of Senior Living Communities:
- At Five Star Senior Living, we help you to preserve your independence. You decide what you want to do and when. We are here to serve you, not to run your life.
- Studies have shown that seniors stay healthier, more active, and live longer in retirement communities than in their own home.
- Independent living apartments are like living in a condo, but with a lot more services and friendly, helpful staff – and no condo fees or long-term investments! Residents never have to be alone unless they want to be.
- Many communities also offer assisted living services, which gives people the personal care they need, but only to the extent that they need it. Levels of service and costs are based on an individual’s changing needs, but residents are empowered to be as independent as they can be. We are here when needed for simply matters or for emergencies.
- Many Five Star communities also offer skilled nursing care so that residents recovering from illness or injury can “age in place” without having to leave their community.
Was this article helpful to you? If so, please share it with others!
More recommended articles for you
« Back to Resources for Families