Rehabilitation & Wellness
Rehabilitation Services With a Five-Star Standard of Care
Five Star’s comprehensive physical rehabilitation and wellness services are designed to help seniors maintain and improve their physical strength and independence following serious medical procedures and conditions. We offer skilled rehabilitation services for short-term inpatient stays, such as after joint replacement surgery; home health care in our assisted living communities; outpatient rehabilitation for people of all ages; and long-term skilled nursing care by highly trained professionals. In select locations, we also offer a Rehab to Home
program to make the transition from senior care to independent living smooth and safe.
Individualized Attention at the Center of Your Rehabilitation Plan
Each Five Star Senior Living resident who enters our physical rehabilitation and wellness program receives a customized treatment plan based on their specific medical condition and wellness goals. We measure their progress at regular intervals and make adjustments to ensure that they are steadily improving in physical strength, health, and endurance. With more than 900 highly trained therapists employed throughout our senior communities, we are committed to the highest standards of clinical care and fitness. Our professional staff includes occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists focused on your health and wellness.
An Extensive Roster of Rehabilitation Services for Seniors
Our physical rehabilitation and wellness services include:
- Neurological, orthopedic, cardiac, and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Strength and coordination, and strength training
- Various therapies for pain management, incontinence, muscle atrophy, and other conditions
- Speech therapy
- Massage therapy
- Balance and gait assessment/fall-risk assessment
- Individual fitness programs
- Exercise groups
- Aquatic therapy and water aerobics
- “5 Steps” walking program
- Health education
- Senior spas with specialized wellness equipment
- Adaptive equipment assessment and training
- Home safety evaluation and modifications
Let's Start Talking About...
Was this page helpful to you? If so, please share it with others!
« Back to Our Services