An Affordable Option
One of the biggest questions many people have when it comes to skilled nursing is the cost. Because medical resources and support are involved, it’s natural to feel concerned that retirement savings, money from selling a home, or Medicaid may not be enough for you or your loved one to live comfortably, especially as a condition progresses or new conditions arise.
Fortunately, skilled nursing can be a very affordable option, especially if you keep in mind that it’s replacing many everyday costs you may not have considered before. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what’s really involved in your total.
Your specific cost will vary depending on the community you choose, living space, and care needs. But no matter what the choices are for you or your loved one, be sure to remember that our pricing includes:
- Care services — most likely, you may have been paying a home health aide or agency for support, and sometimes that might involve several types of healthcare professionals, depending on the conditions you or a loved one is addressing
- Housekeeping and maintenance —you may have been outsourcing to cleaning services, contractors, and lawn companies
- Rehabilitative trainers — you might have been paying a specialized trainer to address mobility concerns, cardiac rehab, respiratory therapy, or other treatments
- Transportation — arranging transport to appointments, therapy, and for errands may have included a hired car service, or at the very least, gas and vehicle maintenance
- Dining — this includes groceries, as well as restaurant outings, and grocery delivery services, and all of those can add up quickly
- Utilities and home costs — from electricity and heating to larger home projects like roof replacements or major repairs, it can be expensive to keep a home in good shape
- Security — to ensure that help would arrive if you had a medical emergency like a fall, you may have been paying an on-call service
When you factor in all the included services and amenities, your monthly costs may not increase by much, and you get a wealth of benefits in return.
At Five Star, we understand that cost is a concern, and of course you want to feel comfortable financially as well as physically and emotionally. Talk with us about financial solutions and strategies that can make a difference when it comes to affordability.
Make yourself at home
Five Star offers options and excellence, with 260 senior living communities in 33 states.
Let’s start a conversation!
Whether you’re looking for a community for yourself or a loved one, let’s talk about where you can go from here.