Skilled Nursing Care
When you need skilled nursing, goals matter. You want to get back to independence as quickly as possible, or at least as close as your condition allows. Just being “taken care of” isn’t enough. You need an experienced, compassionate, goal-oriented team that’s just as focused on progress as you are. That’s what you’ll find at Five Star, whether you’re here for short-term recovery or longer-term health issues.
Skilled nursing care is about much more than what you need right at this moment. While our team members are here for your immediate needs, they also put strong emphasis on providing support and resources for what’s ahead:
- A licensed physician that’s always available, which shortens the amount of time between seeing problems and addressing them.
- Highly trained team members who are experienced in a range of medical conditions, but also see the person first.
- Fun, enriching activities focused on social interaction, physical and mental engagement, and spiritual and emotional wellness.
- The innovative and award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery program enhances quality of life for those needing memory care, building a foundation of learning and success.
- Tailored nutrition for your specific condition. For example, cardiac rehab patients may have a doctor-recommended limit on sodium and sugar, with a greater emphasis on vegetables and lean protein. No matter what your diet needs to include, we are experts at making healthy choices into delicious meals.
Whether you need skilled nursing for a few days or as a long-term home, Five Star offers a team that’s behind you every step of the way.
What is Skilled Nursing?
Skilled nursing care is for those who need short-term home with concentrated medical services while recovering from surgery or an illness, or those who need ongoing, long-term nursing services. Five Star communities offer 24-hour supervision by medical professionals.
What does it cost?
The cost of skilled nursing care will be based on the needs of each resident, in terms of the type of support that will help them function at their highest possible level, as well as the length of the stay.
Everything You'll Love and Need
- Nurse on premises - 24 hours
- Beauty salon/barbershop
- Personal laundry service
- Shopping trips
- All-day beverages & snacks
- In-house religious services
- Exercise classes
- Game/Movie nights
- HMO/PPO/Commercial plans accepted
- Long-term care insurance
- Scheduled local transportation (radius varies by community)
- Occupational therapy
- Restorative therapy
- Speech/language therapy
- Special diets
- Restaurant-style dining
- Visitor sign-in
- Volunteer opportunities
- Wanderguard system
- Secure outdoor areas
Everything you love and need.
Laramie Care Center in Laramie, WY provides elegant respite care and short-term stay apartments. Whether you need skilled nursing care, a short-term stay, seasonal accommodations, or a year-round home, we’re here. We also offer Five Star’s award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery Alzheimer’s and dementia care program.
Enjoy restaurant-style dining, a spacious activity center, numerous social and recreational events, even a full-service barber and beauty salon. Everything you need meets everything you love, at Laramie Care Center.
Dealing with Dementia
Whether you’ve recently assumed the role of caregiver or have dutifully carried the badge for many years, we want you to know that you are never alone.
In “Dealing with Dementia,” we address essential and important questions so that you can feel confident as you care for your loved one.