Senior Living Resources
Arranging a Friendly Visit for a Senior in Indiana
May 21, 2015
When an older Indiana loved one is considering moving to an independent or assisted living community, they typically have many questions and concerns. Just the idea of downsizing and selling their home can be overwhelming. Adult children often worry about the safety of an aging parent’s home. That is especially true when the adult child is a long-distance caregiver. For these reasons and more, we developed our Five Star Friendly Visits program.
Members from the teams at each of our Five Star Senior Living communities across the state of Indiana are available to make an in-home visit to older adults who live nearby. Whether it is to talk about life at a senior living community or the challenges of making such a transition, these visits provide seniors and their families an opportunity to have their questions answered. We know it sometimes helps to discuss your concerns in the privacy of your own home.
What to Expect During a Five Star Friendly Visit
When one of our Indiana senior living team members visits you, you will have the opportunity to:
- Ask questions about independent or assisted living communities
- Learn more about Five Star Senior Living’s three pillars – Warmth & Hospitality, Health & Wellness, and Dining & Nutrition
- Share your concerns and fears about making a move
- Discuss the difficulties you or your senior loved one is experiencing while living at home
- Have a home safety evaluation to identify potential problems
- Gain expert insight and advice about downsizing and moving
- Help you create a transition plan if you need assistance
We can arrange the meeting to coincide with a time your visiting physician or in-home caregiver will be there so they can be a part of the discussion.
To schedule a Friendly Visit for yourself or your older Indiana loved one, please call the Five Star Senior Living community nearest you today. We will even bring a Signature treat from our community’s chef for you to enjoy!