Skilled Nursing Care
When you need skilled nursing, goals matter. You want to get back to independence as quickly as possible, or at least as close as your condition allows. Just being “taken care of” isn’t enough. You need an experienced, compassionate, goal-oriented team that’s just as focused on progress as you are. That’s what you’ll find at Five Star, whether you’re here for short-term recovery or longer-term health issues.
Skilled nursing care is about much more than what you need right at this moment. While our team members are here for your immediate needs, they also put strong emphasis on providing support and resources for what’s ahead:
- A licensed physician that’s always available, which shortens the amount of time between seeing problems and addressing them.
- Highly trained team members who are experienced in a range of medical conditions, but also see the person first.
- Fun, enriching activities focused on social interaction, physical and mental engagement, and spiritual and emotional wellness.
- The innovative and award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery program enhances quality of life for those needing memory care, building a foundation of learning and success.
- Tailored nutrition for your specific condition. For example, cardiac rehab patients may have a doctor-recommended limit on sodium and sugar, with a greater emphasis on vegetables and lean protein. No matter what your diet needs to include, we are experts at making healthy choices into delicious meals.
Whether you need skilled nursing for a few days or as a long-term home, Five Star offers a team that’s behind you every step of the way.
Skilled nursing care is for those who need short-term home with concentrated medical services while recovering from surgery or an illness, or those who need ongoing, long-term nursing services. Five Star communities offer 24-hour supervision by medical professionals.
The cost of skilled nursing care will be based on the needs of each resident, in terms of the type of support that will help them function at their highest possible level, as well as the length of the stay.
Everything You'll Love and Need
- All-day dining
- Assisted living
- Beauty salon/barbershop
- Community kitchen/Cooking space
- Computer lounge
- Exercise classes
- Fitness center
- Happy hour
- Independent Living
- In-house doctor visits
- In-house physical therapy/rehab
- In-house religious services
- Keyed entries
- Low sugar/salt options
- Memory program
- Men's group
- Nurse on premises - 24 hours
- On-site security
- Parking on premises
- Personal laundry service
- Regular wellness checks
- Respite Care and Short Term Stays
- Restaurant-style dining
- Scheduled local transportation (radius varies by community)
- Seasonal Stays
- Shopping nearby
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Snow removal
- Social outings
- Special diets
- Veterans discount
- Visitor sign-in
- Walking paths