Skilled Health Care
Typical nursing homes offer a lot of nursing but not much “home”. Five Star provides skilled nursing care on either a long-term or short-term basis, in an environment that contributes to the health and well-being of our seniors. All Five Star skilled nursing facilities offer 24-hour nursing care to address our residents’ many health care needs.
Rehabilitation & Wellness
Offering greater comfort and more amenities than a typical nursing home, Five Star communities offer senior rehab services including occupational, speech, and physical therapy. Our highly experienced team will work with you to set specific goals and map out a customized plan to reach your maximum independence.
Respite Care / Short-term Stays
For seniors needing temporary care or whose family have to travel or take time for themselves – or for those who want to “test drive” life at one of our senior living communities – Five Star offers short stays. Whether for a week or a few months, seniors enjoy exceptional care, community activities, dining, and housekeeping services – and family members enjoy peace of mind.
At Five Star Senior Living, we invite residents into our senior living communities not just to live with us, but to thrive with us. It’s been widely publicized that adults are living longer but there is a lot of evidence that we aren’t necessarily living longer in a healthy state. Five Star is working to change that with our Lifestyle360 program - a holistic approach to active community living that focuses on five dimensions of wellness: intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
||24-hour nursing care
||Housekeeping services included
||Beauty salon/barber shop (manicures, pedicures, spa services)
- Library, computer lounge, wireless internet/Hotspot
- Flat linen and personal laundry service
- Resident gardens, walking paths
- Shopping trips, social outings
- Beverages & snacks available
- Card and game room, Game/Movie nights
- Dialysis, IV administration, oxygen and nebulizer administration, tracheotomy care, wound care
- Exercise classes
- Customized rehabilitation plans, HMO/PPO/Commercial plans accepted, Long-term care insurance
- In-house religious services
- Intergenerational programs
||Near hospital or medical center
||Scheduled local transportation available
- Keyed entries, outdoor security cameras, visitor sign-in
- Medicaid, Medicare
- Medication management, NG/G-tube/J-tube management, pain management
- Men's group
- Occupational therapy, outpatient therapy, physical therapy, restorative therapy, speech/language therapy
- Parking on premises
- Special diets, Private dining room (can be used by resident's family), restaurant-style dining, TPN (Total Parenteral Nutrition)
- Private rooms, semi-private rooms
- Volunteer opportunities
- Wanderguard system