Bridge to Rediscovery
Our Award-Winning Dementia Care Program
With dementia, a person’s world can get smaller, less certain, and can feel less safe. For family members, the condition can take a toll on your energy, your relationship to your loved one, and even your health.
Five Star’s award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery dementia care program can help you and your loved one get back to your connection—while providing meaningful care in a safe, nurturing environment.
Offered exclusively at Five Star Senior Living communities since 2007, Bridge to Rediscovery is designed as a program of living, rather than a standard set of activities.
- Everything your loved one does every day is specifically chosen based on their abilities, preferences, and favorite topics
- Emphasis on maintaining and building basic skills, like feeding themselves, which many people with dementia can lose without a focused program
- Dining in the program uses platters and butler-style service, allowing those with memory loss to feel empowered to make choices based on their individual tastes and preferences
- Our neighborhoods are secured so residents with memory issues can leave only under supervision
- All of Five Star’s memory care communities are designed with visual cues and themes to stimulate memory and help residents find their way
- Comfortable, familiar furniture that meets the unique needs of seniors receiving treatment for dementia
- Walking groups and exercise classes to build strength and mobility
Through recreational and occupational therapy, we focus on restoring functionality and keeping your loved one engaged and positive. Our Bridge to Rediscovery program follows key principles that draw on each person’s interests, capabilities, and needs.
The program is run by highly trained, caring team members who provide encouragement, help your loved one retain skills, and promote success in every way. That helps your family get back to being a family again, and your loved one can thrive, be safe, and stay engaged.
Make yourself at home
Five Star offers options and excellence, with 260 senior living communities in 33 states.