Home alone? At Five Star Senior Living, that’s just the name of an old movie.
Staying active is vital to good health, especially as we age. So it’s natural for one to worry that their loved one in a senior living community may be sitting home, alone and inactive. At Five Star, that is never a problem!
In every type of community—independent living, assisted living or memory care—we keep the focus on happy, healthy lifestyles with plenty of activity through a holistic approach to wellness we call Lifestyle360. Lifestyle360 enriches residents’ lives by promoting the five dimensions of wellness: intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
Making wellness work for seniors in a pandemic
Throughout this pandemic, we’ve made the necessary adjustments to Lifestyle360 programming to allow all residents to take full part in activities safely despite the challenges of social distancing. Here are just some examples:
- Themed program packets distributed to all residents that include trivia, word puzzles, and other brainteasers as well as adult coloring pages.
- Themed Happy Hour carts like Mexican Monday, which delivers margaritas, music, chips and salsa right to one’s door. ¡Ole!
- Five Star-recorded or live comedy open mics, exercise programming, and talk shows on our own in-house channels. The show comes to you!
- Puppy window visits and pet parades—the comfort (and cuteness) of our animal friends.
- Zoom family visits that have kept residents and loved ones connected throughout the pandemic.
- In addition, our Ageility partners have created handouts teaching easy in-room exercise routines so residents can stay physically active and healthy.
For our Memory Care residents, we offer Bridge to Rediscovery, our innovative and award-winning Montessori-based memory care program. Bridge to Rediscovery helps older adults living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia flourish, even (or especially) during times of social isolation.
“It’s wonderful to see my mother lively and active!”
But don’t take our word for it. Here are some recent 5-star reviews from grateful families citing the active lifestyles their loved ones are enjoying in Five Star communities. (Reviews edited for brevity.)
- “My mother has now been at [Five Star] for a little over a year. She enjoys all the activities they plan for the residents, especially Bingo. Additionally, Salon Day is something my mother looks forward to each week. We are very thankful. I highly recommend [Five Star] if you need a place for your loved one.”
- “When I was searching for a memory care location for my sister, my top two criteria were a knowledgeable and friendly staff and opportunities for her to socialize. At [Five Star] residents are able to move around within the facility, do activities and eat meals together. The staff treats her with respect and affection and understands her needs as a person with dementia. I feel very fortunate to have found [Five Star] and am assured that this is the best place I could have possibly found for my sister.”
- “My mother turns 97 this year and has memory issues. I wanted to find a place that supported her autonomy but also was able to provide round the clock care. My mother loves the open floor concept, walking paths and comfortable seating on the patio. The staff is loving and attentive and the activity program is Montessori based to cover all aspects of body mind and spirit. The community at [Five Star] really makes it feel like home. Family Visitation is a top priority during COVID with regular Zoom calls and window visits. The activity classes are interactive and engaging. It’s wonderful to see my mother lively and active!”
Five Star communities—a safe and happy place to be during the pandemic and always
If you’re considering a move-in to a senior living community, we’re offering incredible incentives right now—and, with our vaccine clinics up and running, now is a great time to make the move to a Five Star community for safety, too. Find out if there’s a senior community near you!