Tres Leches Cake
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup & 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. rum/brandy (optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, combine oil, sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add eggs to the sugar mixture one at a time until well combined. Stir in ½ cup milk then gently fold in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Pour batter into a lightly battered cake pan. Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes or until cake feels firm and toothpick slides out clean. Let cake cool to room temperature. Turn cake pan over on plate to release. Pierce cake with fork 20-30 times.
- Combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream and whisk together. Add the optional rum/brandy in this step.
- Slowly pour liquid over the cake. Occasionally spoon the overrun milk back on to cake through the chilling process. Let refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, add heavy cream, vanilla extract and sugar. Beat on high speed until peaks form. Spread thin layer over cake.
- Sprinkle cinnamon or black berry sauce over the cake as a garnish.