Schnitzel with Mushroom Gravy
Ingredients You'll Need
- 8 4 oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups breadcrumbs seasoned to taste with Salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard and Worcestershire sauce
- Using a tenderizing mallet, pound the pork until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Whip eggs and water together.
- Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Dip each chop in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Sauté in butter or oil at 350 degrees in sauté pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with mushroom gravy.
- Melt butter in sauce pan and sauté garlic and onion until onions are translucent.
- Add Mushrooms and cook until they release liquid.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add wine and stock and stir until combined. Bring to a boil and add mustard and Worcestershire.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Hold warm and serve over pork cutlets.