Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients You'll Need
- 4 chicken breast halves with skin and bones (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in middle.
- Toss chicken with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Arrange chicken, skin side up, in a 4-sided sheet pan and roast until pale golden, about 20 minutes. Pour off juices.
- Meanwhile, briskly simmer wine and marmalade in a 12-inch heavy skillet, stirring occasionally until reduced to about 1 cup, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice to taste.
- Coat chicken with about 3/4 cup glaze and scatter grapes around it. Roast 10 minutes more. Coat with remaining glaze and roast until chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes more.