"We’re in the business of making memories at Five Star, and for me, this soup takes me back to childhood. It’s one of those meals that has a lot of soul to it and wraps around you like a warm blanket."
Five Star Tomato Soup
Ingredients You'll Need
- Roma tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add quartered roma tomatoes, 8 cloves of peeled garlic, and a small bowl of chopped, peeled shallots to a large, deep baking pan.
- Add a freshly torn bunch of basil, a couple stalks of torn thyme, extra virgin olive oil, a bit of salt, and freshly cracked pepper to the pan.
- Toss mixture to coat all ingredients.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil away from you to allow steam to escape, and scoop mixture into a blender, adding a couple ladles of the oil and juices from the pan.
- Blend slowly and build speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour soup into a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, basil and thyme.