Five Star Signature Dessert
Amaretti Cookie Base
- 8 oz. almond paste, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- Mix sugar and almond paste until very fine, add the egg whites in parts till nice and smooth.
- Using a pastry bag pipe 2 inch round cookies onto a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
French Butter Cream
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a mixer combine egg whites and egg yolks and beat on high until they become thick.
- In a saucepan on the stove on high heat combine sugar and water and bring to boil.
- Add the sugar mixture to the eggs in three stages while to whisking on high speed.
- Once all sugar mixture is added continue mixing until the mixing bowl is cool.
- Add the butter in three stages, scraping the side of the bowl.
- Add vanilla and whisk on high till thick and smooth.
Peanut Butter Paste
- 8 oz. butter
- 3 cups of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup of confectioners sugars
- Place all ingredients in mixer with paddle on high speed till filling is creamy.
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Combine gelatin and 1/4 cup water in top of a double boiler. Heat until gelatin dissolves and cool.
- Combine sugar and 2 Tbsp. of water in a saucepan; bring to a boil until syrup is golden caramel.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes .
- Stir in remaining water until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Whisk in caramel mixture until fluffy.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold both mixtures together.
Chocolate Frangelico Ganache
- 9 oz. chopped chocolate
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 oz. of Frangelico
- Place the chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the Frangelico. Let Cool.
Layer the desert in order of recipes. Optional Spun Sugar Dome for Garnish.