"Most people don’t put cheese in their guacamole. I love cheese. I love guacamole. They belong together. Try it and I know you’ll find it as delicious as I do."
Five Star Guacamole
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2-3 avocados
- Lime juice
- Red onion
- Roma tomatoes
- Aged white cheddar or blue cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Choose avocados with black skin that you can easily dent with your thumb.
- Press the cut avocado against a half-sheet pan with grates to dice it into your bowl (similar to a cookie cooling rack, but with grates instead of lines).
- Add lime juice and diced, rinsed red onion (rinsing helps prevent browning of the guacamole).
- Add diced roma tomatoes, cilantro, and cotija, and aged white cheddar or blue cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Smash with a whisk and serve with chips or over a salad.