Fillet of Snapper en Papillote
Makes 10 Servings
Ingredients You'll Need
- 3 3/4 lb. red snapper fillet, skinless
- 10 oz. butter
- 1 pt. fish veloute
- 4 fl oz. dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 5 oz. thin-sliced scallions
- 5 oz. sliced or quartered mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the fish into 10 equal portions, 6 oz/ 170 g each. Cut 10 pieces of parchment paper into heart shapes large enough to enclose the fillets. Butter both halves of the parchment paper.
- Place a portion of veloute (1 to 1Y2 f1 oz/30 to 45 mL) on one side of the parchment heart. Place a portion of fish on top. Sprinkle with the wine, shallots and scallions. Shingle the sliced mushrooms on top.
- Fold the paper over and seal the sides tightly.
- Place the bag on a hot, buttered sizzler platter or sheet pan .
- Place in a 400° to 425°F/205° to 220°C oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until fish is cooked through . Serve immediately in the paper.