Coconut Shrimp and Plantain Bisque
Ingredients You'll Need
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 pounds yellow plantains, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 gallon seafood stock from base
- 4 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 oz. sherry wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté celery, onion, carrot, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook until done or until they start to turn pink in color.
- Deglaze with sherry wine, and add coconut milk and seafood stock.
- Add curry and plantains, simmer over low heat, add salt and pepper to taste.