Beef Tournedos Saute A la Provencal
Ingredients You'll Need
- 3 lbs. trimmed beef tenderloin
- 1 oz. clarified butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. diced tomatoes
- 1 qt. veal stock
- 2 tsp. fresh tarragon
- Trim the beef and cut into ten tournedos. When ready to saute seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat saute pan, add the butter and saute the beef to the desire doneness, about 2 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove beef from the pan and keep warm while completing the sauce.
- Pour the excess fat from the pan, add the garlic, and saute for 30 to 40 seconds to release its aroma. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook until the juices have cooked down.
- Add the veal stock and reduce to a good flavor and consistency.
- Add tarragon and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve tournedos with sauce on heated plates.
Cheese Choice: Midnight Moon, an aged goat milk cheese. The flavors is buttery , a little nutty with a hint of caramel. The aroma is sweet and little fruity. Midnight Moon is aged a minimum one year.
Wine Choice: Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon.